Managing Director, Heath Protection SolutionsView Bio
Naomi started her career working in the corporate space of the Life Assurance sector in 2002, helping advisers understand the products available in the UK market whilst giving training and development on the benefits of personal and business products.
In 2014 Naomi founded specialist brokerage Heath Protection Solutions, which offers Private Clients and Businesses whole of market advice on a full range of insurance solutions. In addition to running her own business Naomi has brought her deep understanding of the UK life assurance market to LDNfinance as Protection Director, where she supports the development of their protection advice to mortgage clients.
Naomi has become an Ambassador for the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), working to raise awareness of the importance of protection products for women. She speaks at events in London on the education and guidance of young women and the importance of protecting their futures regularly appearing at events such as ‘She’s on the Money’.
Recently awarded the Woman of the year in Protection Advice Award at the Women in Financial Awards 2019, Naomi looks to continue raising the awareness of the need for Protection Advice by supporting the education of both brokers and clients.
Founder of Future Proof and Joint Head of Protection and St. James’s Place ProtectionView Bio
David has over 20 years of experience within the industry and founded the company based on wanting to provide clients with quality, clear and friendly advice. He believes that a client relationship is on-going rather than transactional and the company has been positioned to help clients adjust their protection cover to reflect their changing circumstances. David is responsible for Future Proof's strategic business partnerships and its on-going growth.
Commercial Director, Assured FuturesView Bio
Ian is a protection industry stalwart forging a respected reputation over 34 year in Financial Services. 31 Years with A-Plan group, 20 years as AFL Managing Director until recently reviewing his priorities and creating the commercial Director position. Ian led AFL through 20 years of year on year growth taking the team from 7 people to 120, developing an expertise in several protection areas particularly Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance.
A founder member of the PDG and a member of the IPTF, AMII and Protect Association. Ian designed and delivered the UKs first online price comparison services for PMI, IP and Over 50s Life Insurance which has been adopted by various PCWs over the years including comparethemarket.com and Moneysupermarket.
He holds the CII Diploma in Financial Services, is Cemap Qualified and completed the IOD Certificate in Company Directorship.
Business Development Manager, LV=View Bio
Donna Morgan is a Business Development Manager for LV=, overseeing the London region. Her career has been dedicated to financial services, before she joined LV= in 2019 she worked as a sales manager for a well-known London brokerage and high street bank.
Donna has extensive client direct experience and is familiar with the challenges and opportunities the Protection market presents. She is passionate about working with advisers to maximise their Protection revenue, by tailoring LV= products and features to meet unique client needs, or to help overcome objections.
Recently Donna hosted a session for the popular LV= Refreshinar series, a webinar programme which reached 1000’s of advisers, where she presented on Income Protection.
Head of Protection, L&C MortgagesView Bio
L&C is the UK’s leading fee free mortgage broker, offering advice on products from across the mortgage and protection market to borrowers throughout the UK from its offices in Bath, Newcastle and London.
Lucy joined L&C in 2000 as a mortgage and protection adviser and has held a variety of roles prior to appointment as Head of Protection in 2013. She manages the strategic development of protection for L&C as well as working with the wider industry to develop products and processes that deliver better protection outcomes for customers. This has included the piloting of new products and processes within L&C, the development of enhanced products with industry providers and contribution to the wider education of consumers about the need for protection.
Protection Sales Director, LV=View Bio
Mike has been in Financial Services for 33 years, predominately dealing with advisers, and is the Protection Sales Director at LV.
He joined LV in November 2010 from Progress, the award winning protection business where he was Head of Sales & Marketing. Prior to this Mike held a number of senior roles at Swiss Life. Mike’s focus at LV has been on working with a highly regarded, professional sales team who seek to help and support advisers develop their business.
Head of Operations, Roxburgh Financial ManagementView Bio
• I started in Financial advice in mid 1990’s as a Financial Planning Manager with the then Midland Bank based in Southampton.
• Left to join an IFA in 2000, as I kept losing clients to IFAs. However the training at what was then HSBC, was excellent especially around the use of protection planning to secure a clients and their family’s future when looking at retirement/investment planning.
• Moved to Roxburgh Financial Management in 2007, covering Mortgage and protection. However my focus was not just on doing the ‘obvious’ for a client. I would look to ensure that the client was aware of the products available to protect not just the mortgage or the property, but also the remaining family.
• This has been an ongoing focus for me over the years, with emphasis particularly on Income Protection, and the use of FIBs. Both of which continue to be massively underused in the industry.
• I have worked with providers on changes they have made to existing products and also on new ones to the market. In these pieces of work, I have looked at proposals from a adviser and client view point to stress test the product details and see what would and would not work. I have seen, on many occasions, providers launch products they have developed with little input from the ‘coal face’ and been a little surprised at what they thought the market wanted.
• I remain passionate about holistic planning, and using protection planning as part of that.